March 27, 2011

Spring Cleaning

What do the Laudies do when we have a free Saturday and it's raining cats and dogs outside? We declutter. Maybe I have spring fever. Maybe all of the stuff we have in our house finally drove me to my breaking point. Whatever the reason, Jon and I went through gobs and gobs of things and made a big trip to the Goodwill. (Jon still calls it D.I. sometimes, we don't have those out here)

After we finished, I thought I should have taken before and after photos of our apartment. But I didn't. I now know where everything is in our apartment. It's organized. Shayla has a closet again! We rearranged our furniture and our tiny little townhome feels so much bigger now. I feel like we finally moved in (8 months later)! Now I just need to finish decorating to my hearts content and maybe even color coordinate my closet. Who knows. I'm feeling ambitious.

Shayla wasn't a big fan of the days activity and let us know MULTIPLE times that we should be doing something else. Like reading books or working on puzzles. While she is right that we should work on those, there is also something to be said for digging into a tough project and getting it done.

It felt really good to be so productive. Especially after having slept in until 10 in the morning. I felt like a teenager again. I think I slept for 11 hours that night. Jon was an angel and woke up with Shayla and let me sleep. I haven't been sleeping well for the last couple of nights and it felt so good to catch back up. I was a bit of a walking zombie Thursday and Friday.

The sun has come out, literally, and this next week Shayla and I can get back into our regular routine of playing with friends and spending as much time outside as we can. Have we told you how much we love the weather here? As my friend Sara says, "We pay for it in rent, though." And that is a true statement if I ever heard one. We really love it here. And now I have an organized house to boot! I was going to say clean, but then I looked over at the kitchen and realized I didn't want to lie on the Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment