March 11, 2011

Finger Painting!!

Yesterday we spent the afternoon with one of Shayla's favorite friends, Kate. They are really cute together and light up when they see each other. (They also find it hilarious to shriek at the top of their lungs at each other. Not one of  mine and Sara's favorite things.)


I love these pictures of her. We went over to Kate's and her Mom is a cool Mom and lets her child do fun things like this. I tend to get a little discouraged by messy things like this. I have a hard enough time keeping the house clean without these projects! But I think I should make more of an effort. Sometimes I feel like I impede Shay's development because it's easier or cleaner if I do something.

We now have Shayla's art work on our fridge. She loved it! Although she was a little freaked out by the fact that she had paint all over her fingers! I think I will break down and let her do this. I let her play with play-do and bubble sometimes... does that count. One day I'll be a cool Mom.

1 comment:

  1. For all of you reading this, Shayla's mom IS the cool mom. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete