March 28, 2011

Baby for Sale!!

Not really. I think I could get arrested for something like that. I thought I had 4 more months before terrible two's were supposed to hit. Good night. This is a little picture of our day:

7am wake up call from Shayla an hour before she normally wakes up.
7:15 Mommy walks down the stairs to do her morning workout and Shayla freaks out as I leave to go to the gym. (Normally I'm back before she wakes up and I get to shower while Jon feeds her)
8:30 Daddy leaves for works. Many tears were shed.
8:35 Shayla screams as I do her hair because she wants the bow in her hair NOW!!!!
8:45 Shayla is pounding at the door and handing me her shoes. Mommy ushers her onto the back patio so that she can get some makeup on.
9:10 We go to the grocery store and all is well as long as she can alternately push the cart and ride on the handles of the cart while we run a quick errand
9:30 Tantrum when being put into car seat to go home
10:00 We arrive at the park for a play date. An hour of not too bad tantrums. A few tears when she had to share her sand toys, and when the slide was too fast and she landed on her bum.
11:15 we arrive home and eat lunch, watch Caillou and get ready for a nap at 12:30
12:30-3 Mommy gets a break
3:00 CUDDLE TIME!(best time of the day)
3:30 Snack time
4:00 Mommy proposes a walk. Shayla decides we should stay home and play on the backporch. Frustration when getting in and out of the toy car. BUBBLES!!! We love bubbles. Mommy teaches her how to use the bubble gun.
5:00 Shay dumps two boxes of crackers on the kitchen floor. Mommy shuts the treat cupboard and there are lots of tears. I guess it's a lot of fun to dump crackers on the floor.
5:15 Dinner. Shayla dumps a bowl of soup on Mommy's pants. Great. I guess it's a lot of fun to dump anything on the floor. Tantrum when Mommy goes upstairs to change said pants.
Tantrum when Mommy scrubs the carpet to get said soup out of it.
I ask Shayla if watching Caillou would make her happy. Her response? "Yeah" through tears. Priceless.
6:00 After reading books and playing with puzzles and eating pudding I insist it is time for her bath. I carry a kicking and screaming child up the stairs and think, "Heaven help us, here come the terrible twos"
6:20 Shayla gets upset when lotion is used. Oh the humanity! Mommy thinks,"Birth control is a wonderful thing" the other thought that went through my head? "No wonder people think about getting pregnant when they have a 12-18 month old. They haven't dealt with this yet."
We read books, pray and Shayla is in bed by 6:30.

Here is to days like this being few and far between. I know what most of you are thinking. Is she talking about Shayla? Easy going, mild mannered Shayla? Carrie must just be in a bad mood.  There must be more to the story. I kid you not she has never had this many tantrums in one day. I was contemplating putting an ad on craigslist. It would read something like this:
2 year old for sale or trade. Complete with tantrums and tears. Addicted to Caillou. Demands lots of time outside.
Ah the joys of motherhood. Most of my day looked something like this








And possibly this as well. Man alive I love that girl. I'm glad it's bed time now though. We'll try again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment