April 28, 2011

Easter Part 1

We had a jam packed, fun filled Easter Weekend! I'm just barely recovering from it. (As is my house) I thought I would show some of our Easter Festivities in Sections, as I felt like it. What can I say, sometimes I'm lazy. Here is Shay's first Easter Egg hunt through pictures.

We started by riding the horse together. It may look like they are each unwilling participants, and Kate may be giving me the glare of death, but this was actually their idea. Those two sillies.

And the hunt Begins!! Shay was rather angry with me that I would have her go look for eggs when she wanted to swing. So she insisted that Jon help her on the hunt. This girl has attitude, with a capital A. (She may or may not get it from me...)


What goodies did Kate find? Apparently it was worth stopping and eating right then! Kate really caught on to the whole Egg hunt and pretty soon her basket was about to over flow. Even with these yummy little pit stops she made.

Cute Grant. I may or may not be campaigning for Shayla to date you when you're both 16. He is a cute kid and really enjoyed the hunt as well. His Mom won the prize with best egg filler, she brought Bubbles!!

Stopping to smell the dandelions. I'm just glad we're past the stage where she tries to eat them...

Oh Kate, If only you knew the yummy goodness hidden inside that shiny gold wrapper. You would have been a little more insistent that we open it immediately.

Shayla checking out Kate's basket. Maybe Kate has something better in hers!

The kids came up with a different idea for filling the eggs. Sand! Why didn't I think of that?

Trying to gather all the kids together for a picture....

Shayla absolutely refused to cooperate so we resorted to this. four cute kids. Shayla, Grant, Easton and Kate.

The bunny ears... Don't you DARE put that on me. With Easton watching to see what Kate does.

We had a fun time with all of these cute kids and their parents. Hopefully next year they're all a little more excited for the eggs! It ended with the parents picking up the majority of the eggs, and even sharing with other little kids who came to the park to play.

2 comments:

  1. AWwww! Look how cute everyone is! Next year we'll be there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast she is growing! and I am hoping we go to cali for residency just for the weather!

    ReplyDelete