April 10, 2011

FAIL!!

So Jon is really great at putting his foot in his mouth. It happens on almost a nightly basis. Now normally I just give him a quizzical look and laugh. But tonight was priceless...

We were having a discussion about his little sister who has a boy hot on her heels, trying to get her to marry him. (I guess the general conference talks sunk in a little too much for him) This discussion lead to our engagement and how we knew it was right. How easy it was. Now you have to realize that Jon and I decided to get married one night. We hadn't talked about it AT ALL before that night. But we had each prayed about it separately and received confirmation before this happened. So it just took one night of talking. We knew it was right that night. So me being the planner I am, I started planning our wedding. Now because of this Jon sometimes makes comments making it sound like he was shocked at how fast we started planning our wedding after that night. I guess he expected us to just talk about it for a few months. So sometimes he makes it sound like I cornered him and forced him into this whole marriage thing. (Not intentionally, this comes back to the whole foot in mouth thing)

During our engagement I was working full time, in college, and Relief Society President. So I planned whenever I had an opportunity. I was a busy bee!

Well tonight I called him out a little on it and as he was trying to suck up to me, with the most loving, honey dripping voice he could conjure, he said: "I was just really scared to propose to you because I was so out of your league..."

Well at that point I cut him off laughing and he back tracked as quickly as possible. Or at least he tried. So what did I do? I posted the comment on facebook for all to enjoy... immediately. Then I hugged him as I laughed and he tried to dig himself out of his hole.

Oh how I love that man! Good thing I didn't marry him for his smooth words, because that was a definite FAIL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment