April 21, 2011

What have the Laudies been up to?

You may be asking yourself what the Laudies have been up to, probably not, but you might be. Well we have been busy.

Shayla has been busy with play dates. This girl LOVES her friends. There are three that she is particularly fond of that she sees all the time. It's funny how she can be in the worst mood ever and all I have to say is,  "Should we go see Kate, or Lola, or Easton?" And I get a big smile and an enthusiastic "Yeah!!!" Suddenly all that is wrong in the world is righted.

Shayla has been a little slow when it comes to speech. But recently I realized she isn't as far behind as previously thought, she is just really quiet when she says it so you aren't sure if she actually said something or just jibberish. Her newest word is "Up" This word is used frequently throughout the day. She wants to be "up" in my arms, "up" the slide, "up" the stairs, "up" on the table.... that one she doesn't get away with. But you get the idea. The word up  can be used many times in one day. Until today though she would say "Pah!" and you had to know that she was saying "Up".

One of the funniest things she does is when we brush our teeth in the morning. She likes to brush with me, and spit with me. When I spit in the sink she leans forward and pretends to spit as well. If she were to spit it would end up all over our cupboards. She sure feels like a big girl though.

I've been exercising and watching my diet. In the last week I've lost 4 pounds! This is a pretty big accomplishment for me. In the next little while I anticipate being able to wear my "skinny" clothes again. I've gained a lot of muscle mass and have started really looking forward to my workout every day. I work out 5 days a week. Usually for about 40 minutes, but once a week my friend Sara and I do this hike called "the dish" It's almost 4 miles of sheer torture. It feels so great. It has these hills were we are practically pushing the strollers straight up vertically. By the end our calves are killing us but it feels so great. You really feel it working out muscles you never knew you had.

I keep telling Shayla that Mommies goal is to be tan and skinny. I'm half way there with both of those goals. Shayla and I have some pretty awesome farmers tans. My favorite is my feet. I have some really great flip flop tan lines, but they end half way up my foot because of where my pants hit. It almost looks like I didn't wash my feet very well.

Jon has been working like crazy. Nothing new there. I spend most nights home while the baby is sleeping and the Daddy is at work. He bought a new motorcycle that he finds any excuse to ride. There isn't really too much else to tell. He spends most of his time working or sleeping. Poor guy doesn't have much time for anything else. The weekends he devotes entirely to being a Dad. Shayla cries when he leaves.

All in all we are a happy little family. We are looking forward to later in life when Jon can spend more time at home. We have our eye on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment