January 6, 2010

Sorry for the Hiatus

Jon informed me today that people actually read our blog. Which surprised me a little. I will start having it as a priority in my life.

We have had an eventful couple of months. First Jon was offered a job in Idaho Falls, which we accepted. A month later we were offered a job in Palo Alto, CA. Which we also excepted. That made for an awkward conversation for Jon to make to the people in Idaho. Anyone else know of any job offers across the country we can accept? It seems to be a favorite past time of ours.

I was put in the Young Women organization in our ward. The only unfortunate part of this was that it ruined my plans to leave church right after sacrament meeting well into April. Darn RSV season. And darn tricky ward members making me stay active.
The best story so far was during our good news minute where one of the girls announced that her family had won a free car. Apparently they had received an advertisement in the mail with a key and if the secret numbers on the ad matched then you are a winner!! When asked what car they won she said "I don't know... an Escalade or something..." Later that week we also received an ad in the mail shockingly similar. We only won a chevy cavalier though...
As we read farther it said that you could win one of many prizes. I guess they had mailed out 37,000 ads to people all along Utah County. 1 person won a car, 1 person won $1,000 in gold coins, 1 person won a TV and everyone else won $3 in gold coins. We almost went in to claim our $3 in gold coins.
I laughed really hard and I may just keep that ad for a good laugh every now and then.

Shayla has mastered the art of taking the binkie out of her mouth and putting it back in. She demonstrated her proficiency in this the other day when she was sitting on my lap. She took the binkie out, threw up all over me, and put the binkie back in. Smart little girl.

Well more to come later. It's late and my alarm clock tends to wake up earlier than I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment