January 16, 2010

Finger update

I'm sure you've all been dying to hear how my finger is healing... I have no feeling whatsoever on the pad of my pointer finger. I actually think it's pretty funny. I showed it to the Secretary in our Young Womens, Emily, and said, "I burnt it really bad, there's no feeling." She said, "Yes, yes you did."

Well we've had an exciting week. The day I burnt off half my finger the washer also died. We had a funeral for it later this week. The only problem is I have a 5 month old baby... the next morning she woke up and had peed all over her bed. I had no more clean sheets. I almost dissolved in tears and told Jon we needed a washer TODAY! He complied after I found a washer AND dryer in really good shape for $75 on KSL. We then gave away our washer that had given up the ghost and sold our dryer for $60. We ended up only $15 worse off than before and our new ones are nicer than our old ones. I've been quite pleased with myself ever since.

Shayla has turned into an EXTREME mama's girl. When we leave her at my Mom and Dad's while we go to play practice my Mom hides behind a corner while we leave so she doesn't dissolve in her arms. This last Thursday she refused to eat the whole time she was there. As soon as I was there she took her bottle without any trouble. It feels good to be loved.

Unfortunately for Jon he doesn't get quite the same treatment. She hides in my shoulder when he walks in because she is afraid he will take her away... which he usually does. I guess if she could just hold on tighter, right? She does love him though and if I'm not an option she is so excited to see him when he comes around.

We've both been working on losing weight recently and so if you see me hobbling around I'm not hurt, just in pain from over doing it. I keep thinking it will get better at some point and then I make my work out harder... I think I see a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment