January 22, 2010

I don't agree with Jon's post

Just so you all know... my husband does not suck at acting. He's just never done it before so he's getting a little more constructive criticism than the rest of us because we've taken classes and been in other productions. I happen to have a husband who is too hard on himself and thinks he should be a natural at everything. I sure do love him. He's putting up with a lot for me right now. Good thing we get to spend the time together doing something other than watching American Idol or Modern Family which has become my new favorite show. I like it even better than the office. I can SO relate!

Shayla has found a new power she holds over everyone she comes into contact with. She has figured out that if she reaches her arms up for people, wonder of wonders, they reach back and hold her. So she happily passes from one person to the next. She discovered this on Thursday when I took her to my sisters house. I was holding her and she reached for my sister. My jaw dropped. This child NEVER chooses someone else over me. She realized what she had done and immediately turned around searching for her Momma. Somewhere in all of this it turned into a game for her and she thinks it's absolutely fabulous.

My reaction when she did this was shock and a small feeling of rejection. I called Jon and told him I now know how he feels. It hurt my heart a little when I thought she loved someone else more all of a sudden. I sure love that girl. She's growing up too fast! Six months next Tuesday. The next thing I know I'll turn around and we'll be fighting over whether or not she can date boys. In my Dads words, "That girl will be Hell on wheels."

No comments:

Post a Comment