January 10, 2010

Milestones

Shayla has been reaching a lot of milestones this weekend.
It hurts my heart a little.

She can now roll from her back to her stomach. She's been rolling from her stomach to her back for the last month.

Today we were at my sisters house and her daughter said, "Ouch! It hurts when she bites on my finger because she has a tooth!" I being the all knowing mother said "She doesn't have a tooth, Abby." I then went over and felt inside her mouth and sure enough she had cut her first tooth. This may explain why she was up until 1 a.m. last night. And why she was a little bit difficult at times. She has also almost completely weaned herself. I think it had something to do with the tooth coming in.

So many times I find myself taking a mental snap shot of what she looks like right now so that I can always remember. Or try and tell myself over and over again about the freckle on her scalp before it gets completely covered by hair. Also what she looks like when she sleeps.
She is growing so fast and there are so many things that a picture just doesn't do justice.

It all changes so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment