August 8, 2011

Pajama Day!!

I declared today Pajama day in the Laudie home and neither Shay nor I got out of our pajamas. In fact after her bath tonight she just changed from one pajama to another.

I woke up this morning really tired with a little bit of a sore throat. We spent the morning cuddling and watching cartoons while mommy napped and tried to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night. Don't you hate it when you have a sore throat but you can't decide if your just thirsty or if it's actually sore and it keeps you up at night because you never get around to doing anything about it? Well at 7am a few ibuprofens later I was feeling ready to sleep for a few hours. The only problem was my 2 year old who needed attention.

After cat napping for a few hours I was feeling great. But decided it's nice to have a pajama day every once in awhile and not go anywhere. It also made me realize I'm a much better Mom when I'm sick.

Let me explain: When I'm feeling well we spend our days going to the park, swimming, having play dates, going to Happy Hollow and running errands. When I am home I clean.

So today we read books. We colored. We did puzzles together. We played games that Shayla made up. We laughed and giggled together. She told me stories about what was happening in the books we were reading, especially if there was a "yum-yum" in it. (Any food) She then would pretend to eat the yum-yums. We sang songs. We danced. And she had my undivided attention.

Maybe I should declare pajama days more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment