August 9, 2011

Double House

This conversation actually took place a few weeks ago but I had to document it because it was hilarious.

It took place between me and this little girl. The one with the iron, Kate.

I had taken Shayla inside during her party to change her out of her swimsuit. Kate decided she must come with us and what with my being such a big push over I picked her up in my other arm and brought her with me. I was changing Shay when Kate looked at me very solemnly and said, "Kate's Double house"

I was unbelievably confused. Did she just say double? Does she even know what double means? So I asked the only logical question. "What??"

K: Kate's double house
Me: Kate's double house? (still not convinced I understood what she was saying)
Kate nodding ever so seriously and me still as confused as ever.
At that point she looked at me and explained: "Kate's house too"

Oh yes little Kate, you know you are always welcome here. It can be your double house.

I related this story to her Mom when we got back to the party, much to both of our amusement. Kids say the darnedest things...

No comments:

Post a Comment