June 12, 2011

100!

This is my 100th post!! Wow. It only took 2 1/2 years...

 That isn't really what this post is about. My post is about this girl...

Sorry the picture is so small. It was taken on a phone. I feel like every time I turn around she grows up a little bit more. Each day she communicates a little bit better. It's no longer just grunts and shrieks used to let me know what she wants.

Her very favorite thing to do is pick flowers. She regularly picks flowers at our apartment complex and goes to give them to people. We had a BBQ last weekend with some friends and she probably brought about 20 flowers to baby Genevieve, who was just 2 days old!

She LOVES babies! Real ones or fake ones. This little girl is going to be a really great big sister. (Not an announcement) She is really gentle with little babies and when I hold one she always comes up and enthusiastically yells "Hi!!" While waving in their face. She spent a little bit of time over at Jason and Carries house this last week and would make sure to go and push Genevieve's swing whenever it stopped. She is such a caring little girl.

 She is always coming up with new games. and new ways to play. One of her favorite things to do is put her stuffed animals and babies to bed. She'll have me lift both of them into bed and then will give them a binkie and cover them with a blanket. This is always followed by a "SHHH!" with her little finger to her mouth. Letting me know that they are asleep and I need to be quiet.

Her favorite time of day is bath time! She loves to splash and play with all of her toys. But her most favorite thing to do is try and sneak downstairs naked when Mom turns her back for a second before she is put in the tub. She giggles and laughs uncontrollably as I scramble to get that naked baby back in the bathroom.

Her tooth didn't turn gray!! Not only did it reattach but you would have no idea it had been traumatized at all. Everything I've read from unreliable internet sources says that if it doesn't turn gray in a month than you are in the clear. It was a month this last Friday! It's crazy to me that happened a month ago.

She loves to dance. Sometimes in circles and sometimes with Mom and sometimes she does a little special dance where she moves her head back and forth to the Caillou theme song. I almost want to turn Caillou on sometimes because it makes me smile to watch her.



Last but not least here is a picture of her and Kate. These two girls are cooky together. Whether they are throwing all of Shayla's stuffed animals down the stairs, or like in this picture Kate might be trying to ride Shay like a horse. Either way I definitely laugh whenever they are together. I think they will be partners in crime while we both live here. They speak very little but somehow they are able to egg each other on and cause trouble!

My favorite part of this stage is that not a day goes by that Shayla does something that makes me laugh and smile and love this little girl a lot more! Like today she randomly ran up to me and kissed me on the knee. Just another time when she let me know how much she loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment