September 25, 2009

Problems come in three's

So Jon and I took my car into the dealership today to get the timing belt changed and have them check out anything else that's under warranty that needs to be fixed. Jon got a phone call just a few hours after it had gone in and it needs a ton of work done to the engine. At this time we are feeling lucky that I spent an extra $1,000 to extend the warranty for an extra 5 years. Especially since we are coming to the end of that time.

We have a rental car for the next week while everything gets taken care of. I really like that it's an automatic.

So for those of you who know about the fiasco we had when we moved into our apartment you might find this story funny. For those of you who don't here's a little background information on it. We had signed a contract for our current apartment and then just a few days later we were offered to rent the house right behind Jon's parents house. We got out of our contract with this apartment and the next day the people changed their minds because they wouldn't be able to get out in time. (We were in a bit of a time crunch since Shayla was due in about 2 months)
Anyway we had to call back and beg to be let back into our lease.

So today I arrived home from the Hyundai dealership to find a cleaning check-out list on our back door. I called my landlord and after a conversation where he told me that my husband had called saying we needed to move, I assured him that we were planning on staying and finishing our contract. I also told him that it was the people underneath us who were planning on moving.

Had the stuff before not happened I wouldn't have thought much of this, but as I was on the phone I realized that he probably thought that we were the worst renters ever. Luckily the little mistake was corrected and this time we weren't in the wrong. phew.

So even though all of these things could have turned out really bad there was an easy solution for all of this.

The only disconcerting thing was that I think my landlord was telling people that our door was unlocked and they could come look at the apartment... I hope no one came in.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, you've made Daniel totally paranoid now about what our 3 problems are going to be...

    Glad everything worked out with the apartment! What a stressful experience!

    ReplyDelete