September 26, 2009

Even a Girl Knows

Today we went to the BYU football game and had awesome seats. 7th row, in the north end zone. The thing that amazed me was how much more I knew about football than the MALE fans around us. Let me just tell you about some of the things we snickered about through the game.

1. You don't start a cheer when our offense is on the field. A nice loud cheer was going on as a pivotal play was about to take place and it took me to say "Guys!!" before everyone shushed. I know better and I'm a girl!

2. At one point I heard a male fan behind me cheering for "Neal Chambers", "Go Neal Chambers". Ummm... Last time I checked it's O'neill Chambers...
Maybe they should figure out which player they're cheering for...

3. I've decided Male cheerleaders are nothing more than a pretty face. We were on offense and about to punt on a 4th down when all of a sudden I hear a male cheerleader start the "DE- FENSE" chant... I raised my eyebrow at Jon and then full out started laughing when some of the fans joined in. Again wondering if they knew which team they were cheering for.

4. I had sent Jon to get some water for me before the game started so that he wouldn't miss any of the action. While he was gone some guys showed up and were sitting in front of me. The one guy was telling his friends all about BYU football and acting like Joe Cool. Jon showed up and a prominent player on the team, Harvey Unga, had just made a play. I laughed when the guy turned around and asked Jon who #45 was. Again even I know that and I'm a girl.

5. Through out the game I had bouts where I no longer felt like standing. I didn't tell the guys in front of me to sit down. I just sat there until something interesting was happening. The kids standing behind us seemed annoyed at this. I'm sorry I paid for this SEAT. If I choose to sit that's fine, but I won't impose my choice on other people. Goodness. (Personal Pet Peeve)

I can't even remember everything that happened but I do know that there were times when I had to hold back out right laughter at some of the things people were doing. You would have thought it was their first football game. Oh well. For all of you guys out there who made these mistakes I just want you to know that even a girl knows better.

No comments:

Post a Comment