September 24, 2009

My Soap Box

So I have had a lot of time on my hands lately. What I mean by that is time when I'm stuck at home with a sleeping infant in my arms. With this time I have started watching the news a lot and I'm REALLY up on current news. Especially in Utah.
With all this news watching I have decided something:

Anyone who harms a child intentionally should be killed.

I will mix the deadly cocktail myself.

I think this would be motivation enough for people to take care of these precious little things. I can't even imagine what I would do to someone who harmed my child. Well I guess you know that I would kill them.

As I watch these stories I find myself crying for these little spirits who came into this world just needing love and what they get is a drug addict mother, or an abusive father or any other circumstance you can think of. It makes me hold onto Shayla just a little bit tighter.

It especially saddens me as I look at loving couples who have trouble getting pregnant and having their own children, and someone who didn't even want a child and mistreats them hurts the child.

That is why I am proposing this new consequence for harming innocent children.
Maybe it would make people think twice before having a child "unprepared" for the responsibility. (Which if you ask me is just a cop out excuse) And they might try and protect their children a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment