January 20, 2011

Fishermans Wharf

Oh how I love three day weekends! I've come to appreciate them a lot more now that Jon works long hours. I never imagined how much I would look forward to the rare commodity time with Jon would become.

 Saturday we were in charge of Temple baby sitting for the ward and had an unprecedented 18 kids to watch. Luckily we thought ahead and brought a laptop and a movie. After driving to Oakland to babysit in the morning we weren't really in the mood to drive again and decided to take a walk to the park in the afternoon. Sunday was busy like Sunday's usually are. We had some good friends over for dinner and enjoyed spending time.

On Monday we had all day to do what we wanted so in the morning we went for a 2 mile run. (Yep we've started running together.) I have to admit I'm still incredibly out of shape but I'm hoping that I will slim down to close to my prebaby weight some time soon. There would be something so safisfying about fitting back into the clothes I wore before I had Shayla.

Once Shayla woke up we traveled to San Fran and walked up and down Fisherman's Wharf. Jon was extremely nervous the whole time I had Shayla up on this railing. She thought it was great and I had a firm grip on her. He was planning in his mind what he would do if I dropped her. Silly Daddy. Mommies don't drop babies.

We saw the biggest claw grabber thing I have ever seen. Could you imagine actually grabbing one of those things? If I didn't think it would have been a colossal waste of money I might have made Jon try. All I have to say is holy tamol-e.

We really enjoyed seeing it again. The last time we were there Shay was just a little baby. 3 months old to be exact. What were we thinking bringing her? This is what she remembers of her first trip here... Yep that's right she slept through the whole thing. My sweet baby.

I think Jon's favorite part of the trip was when a man dressed up like a monster jumped out of a trash can and freaked me out. The best part was that the sun was in my eyes so all I saw was this form coming at me suddenly yelling....

We had a great time and made sure to buy some sourdough bread from Boudin's. It was fantastic. We came home and had it with some yummy minestrone soup. The perfect way to end a wonderful weekend.

1 comment: