December 11, 2010

Our Christmas Tree Adventure!

We decided to cut our own Christmas tree this year. There is an adorable little tree farm on the way to Half Moon Bay with Santa and train rides and everything you would think was a little kids dream. So we packed up the car and headed down there with Carrie, Jason and Lola.

Here's Shayla on the car ride there.  She was giving me a huge cheesy grin seconds before this but the darn flash on the camera took too long to charge so I ended up with an "Are you crazy Mom" look.

Shayla had fun wandering around looking at the trees and even found one that she really liked. Too bad it was $50 regardless of the size of the tree or else we might have bought one for her room too. It kind of reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

The girls had a lot of fun playing with each other. They are about as cute as they come. Each of them gets so excited when they hear each others name or see the other one. And you all know that Shayla likes to go and knock on their door.


Lola decided she liked the tree as well....

Isn't it gorgeous here? Kind of strange to be looking for a Christmas tree when it's 65 and sunny outside! 

We didn't like any of the trees there so Jon had to at least pretend like he was going to cut one down.

Like I mentioned before there was a Santa there. So Jon got the camera ready and I laughed my head off. What a great picture! I think you can see all the way to her tonsils. I laughed so hard. Maybe that makes me a mean Mom. Bahaha! Poor Santa....

Then we headed back to Mountain View and picked up a tree from our local super market. It was actually significantly less and looked a lot better. I picked my favorite one and it is MASSIVE. I wasn't sure if it would fit in our apartment. Jason and Carrie actually cut down a tree while we were at the tree farm but it had leaches on it so we left it there and walked away very slowly to not raise suspicion. Here are the proud Daddy's. The really huge tree hanging out of the back is ours....

There were a few low hanging branches that needed to be cleared away so Jon was happy to take his machete to it. Oh, yes, he used a machete. Shayla was placed in her highchair so she would be safe and out of the way.

Here is the finished product! Our apartment is now decorated and smells nice and piney. MMM... It's beginning to SMELL a lot like Christmas, even if it isn't beginning to LOOK a lot like Christmas. Don't get me started on my season confusion! (Notice how it barely fits? There is about an inch of space above the tree before it hits the ceiling.)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE SANTA PICTURE! A screaming Santa pictures is a necessity in my eyes!

    Also, love the machete. Mike wishes he had one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went to cut a tree down and ended up getting yours at the grocery store. :) The pictures made it all worth it!

    Ditto about the screaming Santa pictures--we've got our own fair share of those ones too. In fact, I think we're going to be getting our yearly one on Friday at the ward Christmas party... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh yay! A new blogging buddy! That Shayla kills me, she's so cute. Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete