April 7, 2010

Jon sold his Honda today. There has been great mourning in the Laudie household.

At least by him... He keeps asking me about sellers remorse. Then I remind him that they paid above book value.

So the story goes something like this:
Jon: So I put my car up on KSL and someone is coming by to look at it tonight.
Me: Oh... I thought we weren't planning on selling it until after graduation.
Jon: I just wanted to see if anyone would look at it. I didn't put any pictures up or anything. I listed it way above book value.
Me:Oh, okay. Well I guess it won't hurt to have them look at it.

2 hours later they were offering to buy it above book value so Jon came in and asked if it was alright. I told him that it was more than anyone else would pay for it, so go for it.
He came in a few minutes later near tears watching his car drive away. The car that he fell in love with me in. I have a funny sentimental husband. I hugged him, told him it would be alright and then asked him to take care of Shayla while I finished dinner. After all, you can only mourn so long for a hunk of metal.

1 comment: