March 12, 2010

Jonathan

That's what I call him when he is being a pill... Or chasing after cows and making them jump into a lake and almost drown. (Dan and Lisa know what I'm talking about.) It seems like there are many instances in our married life that I give him a stern look and say, "Jonathan". You know it's serious when I bust out the full name, "Jonathan Dalton Laudie". He used to say he was giving me practice for when I became a Mom. So I now know what tone to say "Shayla Riis" in.

The latest opportunity he gave me to say it was on stage. I couldn't say it. This last Monday he did everything he could to see if he could make me break character on stage and laugh... he almost succeeded.

He started by pretending he didn't know his line. I batted my eyes at him and waited. Then he grabbed me in a bear hug and didn't let go. So I finally broke free and he almost fell of stage. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or accident but I had to take a few seconds to compose myself.

He got off stage and I told him that he was mean. We'll see if he tries it again. Life is never boring with Jonathan around.

No comments:

Post a Comment