October 4, 2009

You Know You're a Mother When...

You know you're a mother when:

1. You discuss the color and consistency of your childs poop.

2. Having spit up or drool on your clothes is normal.

3. You sing nursery songs so much you could almost sing them backwards and in your sleep.

4. You know the difference between a warning cry and the hysterical cry and try to get as much done before the hysterical cry begins.

5. You find yourself talking in Baby Talk more than anything else.

6. You even find your babies cry adorable sometimes.
For me it's usually when she juts her lip out right before she starts to cry.

7. Sleeping in means 8am on a good day

8. You know that you would kill to protect your child.

9. Wet ponytails and no makeup is your most common style.

10. You dress for comfort and ease of feeding the baby. A lot of times that means Jon's t-shirts.

At first I was going to title this you know you're a parent when, but then I realized that Jon really can't claim a lot of these. There's something to say about being the Mom. I am the expert on my child. This is something that has been hard to learn. But even Jon has to ask for my advice on what is making her upset or what not. I know everything about her; from the freckle on her head to her little pinky toe.

P.S. I'm really excited because her hair is filling in. But I'm also really sad because she no longer fits in any of her newborn clothes. She has grown up so much in the last two months. It hurts my heart a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment