November 29, 2011

A Love Story: Apple Juice and The Computer

Sorry for the long break. But I have been without a computer for the last two weeks or so. Shayla decided to bring over a glass of apple juice while she was watching Peppa Pig on the computer and promptly knocked it all over the keyboard. This wouldn't have been a problem if it hadn't been a laptop... Poor girl felt so bad. She still insists the computer can be fixed. We took advantage of black friday and stood in line at Wal-mart, the big and spacious building, for a desktop computer. Luckily we were in a short line. I guess desktops aren't a hot item.

Either way I am connected to the world again. Jon gave me a touchpad for my birthday so I was able to look up email and do small things but you couldn't have paid me to blog on that thing. 5 hours later I would be done with one post. Love playing on it, but not particularly practical for bigger things.

Well we are good. We survived Thanksgiving in Utah and Dallin seeing his Mom, Amy. Very few things happened of note. The time he spent with his Mom was really good and went well. He loved seeing her and she was able to be what he needed her to be in the setting we gave them to be together. We were afraid we would have to load him into the car kicking and screaming, but no such thing happened.

Shayla did wake up asking to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. But I think it feels great to be home! I have so much to catch up on! It amazes me how much has piled up while we've been gone. Plus I need to decorate for Christmas.

More updates to come, now that I have a real keyboard to use. Oh the simple joys of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment