November 1, 2011

The Bee Incident

A lot has happened in the last month or so since I last posted. So I have a lot to catch up on. So much was going on in fact that I tend to collapse at the end of the day and feel too lazy to even blog.

But I thought I would start by sharing the bee incident. Some friends and I decided to walk the kids to a little farm here in California called deer hollow. It's about a mile and a half walk and has always been a big success. In fact we were going with a friend who was 9 months pregnant and hoping it would put her in labor. Well we were maybe half way there when Jamie and I (The pregnant friend) started getting attacked by bees. They didn't bother Lenessa who had her 6 week old baby in a stroller thank goodness. But they stung Jamie and kept chilling in my hair. And continued to follow us down the path. I thought there was nothing so creepy as having a bee in your hair that wouldn't leave. I think it may have tried to sting me but my hair is so darn thick I don't think the stinger could get through.

 Then... I felt sweat dripping down my chest. I was about to wipe it when I got a prompting to look first before wiping. Oh yes, the bee was down my shirt. I started freaking out, to put it mildly. I was trying to figure out how to get my jacket, shirt, garments and bra off without getting stung in the process. Luckily it flew away as I was screaming and shaking my shirt. Needless to say we decided to turn around. None of the kids got stung and somehow I walked away without a sting. I still stand by the thick hair theory though. My hair will bend a bobbypin faster than you can blink. Take that bees!

The rest of the day I felt like I still had bees all over me. I'm a little skittish when it comes to bees too. Poor Jamie, it didn't put her into labor and she was stung twice. What a big Mom FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment