February 8, 2011

A Not So Perfect Day

We had such a wonderful weekend. Followed by Monday. I'm not too big of a fan of Jon's hours in general but it's becoming a little ridiculous. I was expecting Jon to come in a little late so I went to bed last night. I woke up at 4am and realized he still wasn't home. So I called to make sure I didn't need to send out a search party. He was ok and just finishing up the last bit of work he had. He got home at 4:30 and then I couldn't fall back asleep before Shay woke up at 6:30. Lucky me. Did I mention I'm sick? Oh yes I forgot to make this even more fun I'm currently sick.

This late night thing has been happening once a week for the last three weeks. The first time I thought, "Poor Jon" The second time I thought, "Are you serious?" And the third time I'm a little ticked. We knew that there would be occasional late nights, but by late I mean 11pm. not 4am. I'm frustrated because we didn't sign up for these hours. I'm frustrated because we won't be compensated for the extra unexpected work. I'm frustrated because, thanks to the sluggish economy, we won't even have a bonus to look forward to. I'm frustrated because Jon is the only one working these hours. Everyone else has been leaving at around 6pm. I'm frustrated because I don't feel well. I'm frustrated because after working until all hours of the night he has to go in at his regular time and doesn't come home early. He usually comes home around 7 after a night like that, or even possibly later. I'm frustrated for the stress it puts on Jon and the strain it puts on our family.

Basically I'm just frustrated tonight.

2 comments:

  1. That stinks! I'm sorry, you guys. Ugh, that's a really awful schedule to deal with. I hope that things calm down and it's not as frequent (or at all!). Is this related to end-of-quarter stuff or something that has an obvious end in sight? Good luck, and that boss of Jon's better see all that he's doing...

    Hope you feel better soon, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no =( I am so sorry that sounds terrible! I know Jon is a very hard worker, but geez he needs a break! And poor you who is alone all night long, I hope the hours get better I would be frustrated too!

    ReplyDelete