October 22, 2010

For some reason I have one of those faces. I can't tell you the countless conversations I've had with people who think they know me from somewhere. Everyone thinks they know me, or that they grew up with my parents. Jon and I had a discussion about this the other day when I had a woman walk up to me in the grocery store. I was in the self checkout line with Shayla in her stroller. She came up and said, "Are you open?"

I was a little shocked but then kindly explained to her that this was self checkout. Jons response was that I just have one of those faces. That's not quite what I meant by I have one of those faces. I can't tell you then number of times I've been in a store and been mistaken for someone who works there. Do I just look very approachable? It used to make more sense to me when I would be there in a work uniform, but a lady pushing a stroller? Really? You think she's working here?

In Houston I had to stop going to Walmart alone because without fail I would be cornered by some person telling me a sob story and why I needed to give them money. Really I stopped going to walmart in Houston for a lot of reasons. All of these experiences have made me wonder though.

I've also made an October resolution and will be posting on our blog more regularly. Especially now that we live in the land of the liberals!

No comments:

Post a Comment