April 8, 2009

First Blog Post

This is it. First blog post. What is a blog? Why do so many people have them? Why do I have one?

And what's with 'Twitter'?

This whole new electronic communications crap is just weird to me... (says the guy writing on his own blog now)

Don't get me wrong, I've totally jumped on board and have my own facebook account, cell phone plan complete with texting (only 400 a month though...), and now a blog.

I was way excited to get a cell phone for the first time right after getting back from Guatemala. I was really excited to be able to call friends, and most importantly the cell phone made it super easy to get girl's phone numbers. Just casually mention the new cell phone, pull it out, and boom. Getting that number was way easier. Certainly not as awkward or uncomfortable as pulling out a pen and paper and writing down the number....

Anyway, I guess I always thought a cell phone was great for calling people. I do use some of the 400 texts on our plan. Carrie probably gets about 350 "love texts" each month (only from me I hope) and that's about the extent of text usage for us. I only use them because they're there and I won't pay for something that just goes unused. That just goes against everything I believe in. How could somebody possibly use 1,000 or 2,000 or more in a month? Does anybody call anyone anymore? Am I the only Joe Shmoe in the world who still thinks it's nice to actually talk to someone? And no, I don't consider a text conversation "talking". I wonder what it is doing to society. I wonder what high school dates are like now. Do boys call girls and ask them out anymore? Do people even know how to talk anymore? I can see it now.... Boy asks girl out to a "text date" and they both set aside an hour to sit in their respective bedrooms and have a text conversation. I guess it's a good way to get to know someone....

Maybe I just need to just accept the shift in society and try having some more 'electronic buddies'. And hey, it's a lot easier to say something over the keyboard than it is to say it in person. I could say or ask anything I want and not even feel guilty! I wouldn't have to worry about my face turning red or anything!

Come on people, let's dust off the old earpiece on our phones and start using them every once in a while!

Enough of that.

Houston is great. We love it. Baby is kicking hard. Life is good.

Shoot us a call, email, facebook message, blog comment, something with Twitter (whatever that is), or even a text!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogger world. Trust me, Andi will check on your blog every week.

    Here is the link to our blog http://trevorandandi.blogspot.com/

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete